Cyclone Center Talk

I'm just starting on this project to see how they work

• carhogg by carhogg

I'd be interested to see how my categorisation compared to other people's. Did I get close to the average?

I think I could reasonably identify the features that were asked for. Interesting.

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Hi carhogg and welcome to CycloneCenter. = )

Thank you for your post and your suggestion.

In some cases it could be very helpful to see stats or a graphic with the average-details of your picture, which you has classified, to have a response on your answer.

In my personal view the best way to make the best choice or selection in a classification is to start a topic or post about your picture for difficult cases on the Talk-Page here, which you have classified.

With this method I think every member of CycloneCenter get many answers from other members and detailed facts of the science team about the storm in a few days, which can more help you and other members in further classifications than a graphic about the average.

But as I have said at the beginning, I find your suggestion great, so I am excited about the answers/opinions of other CycloneCenter members and the science team about your suggestion.

Posted