Cyclone Center Talk

suggestion: view options

• alexob6 by alexob6

I was thinking, maybe there should be an option to, if possible, view the clouds without the false colour. I think that might help people get a better idea of the storm's shape (i.e the shape of the spirals, the location of the centre, etc.).

Also, maybe an option to turn off the outlines of landmasses and political boundaries, again if possible, as it can sometimes be hard to tell the difference between a small island, and a patch of very cold clouds.

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Hi alexob6,

Thanks for the suggestions. We (the science team) had considered including images such as visible satellite images or highly detailed microwave images for users to see/use to help classify. Ultimately we determined that it would be too difficult to get it right this first go around, but that we may be able to include these images in a future version of the project.

Your second suggestion about turning off the political boundaries is a good one but not a question that I can address. Perhaps someone on the technical side can weigh in on how easy or difficult it would be to put in the flexibility to turn off various things on the map.

Thanks for contributing to the project!
    -Chris

Posted