Cyclone Center Talk

Live storms

• shocko61 by shocko61

There is a cyclone current Monday25 Feb 2013 off the coast of Western Australia it is at category 2 and expected to go to category 4 (in Australia the strongest category is 5 ) and is going South East towards Port Headland . If anyone wants to have look at the situation , go to Http://www.bom.gov.au/ and click on the word Tropical Cyclone on the home page , Near the top when you get the next page click on the circle with a number in it ( current intensity ) then you will see a track map for the cyclone and a name(in this case TC Rusty and further out in the Indian Ocean is a Tropical Low expected to be come a cyclone in the next day or so . Ian shocko61

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Hi shocko61. Special thank you for your post to look after a live storm near Australia.
    In the last days I followed the track-map on your site 'Bureau of Meteorology'.

I must admit, that I am fascinated and also a little bit scared by the development of this category 3/4 storm.

Today in the morning the storm has reached the category 4 status and loses his status on the land (category 3 now).
    On the website of the 'BOM' of Australien, I took a picture with a special visualisation, to get a clear view of the structure of the storm in the morning today:

-> Structure of the storm

So I think, this storm has reached an #eye-structure form in his maximum-power, before the storm reached the North-West-Coast of Australien.
    I hope there won't be much damage there.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Thank you Struck that is a great pic and yes I think it was full force too . The people of Port headland were moved to higher ground just be fore it hit land and there was a lot of structural damage done to the town . It hit land fall about 10 to15 kilometers north of the town . It is normally a very nice place but I am glad I was here not there . Ian shocko61

Posted