by Struck

A collection about eye-storms

Tags

Comments

• cch001 by cch001

I hope so - try to send some my way!

Posted

• Struck by Struck

Thank you cch001 for your description. Maybe I will find more #eye-storms, so I can do an update here.

Posted

• cch001 by cch001

The eye itself forms because air sinks in the middle of strong storms. Sinking air warms and the clouds there evaporate, creating the eye

Posted

• cch001 by cch001

All the strongest storms have eyes. The water must be very warm and there must be little wind shear (change in wind direc./speed w/height)

Posted

• Struck by Struck

Okay. Special thanks to you for your answer. I have an other question to these storms. Which requirements must be there to develop an #eye?

Posted

• cch001 by cch001

Eye storms are the strongest storms. Also, warmer eyes and colder #eyewalls (clouds surrounding the eye) indicate stronger storms

Posted

• Struck by Struck

Thank you for your answer cch001. Yes,#eye-storms are very special storms in this case.Is there a trend, what kind of storms has more power?

Posted

• cch001 by cch001

Good question about SH eyes. I know that NH storms are more numerous than SH so by pure numbers you will see more NH eyes

Posted

• cch001 by cch001

#Eyes have very low clouds, which are warmer than the higher clouds. Some eyes can be cloud free, so the satellite senses the ocean temp

Posted

• fezzik by fezzik

Looks like no southern hemisphere eyes. Are they more rare?

Posted

• Struck by Struck

Right, I will try to update the collection at any time, because these kinds of storms are my favorite.

Posted

• fezzik by fezzik

Nice collection of eye storms! Are these all ones that you've classified?

Posted

• Struck by Struck

In these cases I want to ask a question. Always by focusing on #eye I ask myself,why a #eye-circle has a higher temper. than surround. area.

Posted

• Struck by Struck

A small collection about #eye-storms.I really like that.It's surprisingly that I found often #eye-storms near to the coast of United-States.

Posted

Board Discussions

Chat

Science

Help