Cyclone Center Talk

Subject: ACC000034n

Subject ACC000034n Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• Jeshyr by Jeshyr

Found this one really hard - it seemed to alternate between #curvedband and #embeddedcentre every second picture!

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Yes I agree with you. Maybe it could be a #shear-storm, too, because of the colours, which are closed together.

Posted

• HurricaneTracker by HurricaneTracker moderator

I would go with #embedded-center based on the central location of the darkest blue (coldest clouds).

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Shear storm is possible but impossible to diagnose just by looking at this image. No low-level (warm) swirls in the clouds visible.

Posted

• Jeshyr by Jeshyr

ccho0: can you tell me more what you mean about shear storms relevant to this image? Pretty much my entire storm knowledge is from here!

Posted

I'm looking for "swirls" in the low clouds (grey or pink colored). Wind shear will usually push the cold clouds away to expose the swirls

Posted

Struck mentioned how the colors are close together on the north side - this is sometimes an indication of wind shear (from the north) too.

Posted

• vuchaser by vuchaser

You can kinda see a rounded wedge shape from NW to SE across this storm. It is being negatively affected by outflow wind shear from ...

Posted

• vuchaser by vuchaser

Stronger Tropical Cyclone to the SW. Very close indeed...wondering if this guy sheared out and spiraled into the stronger storm.

Posted