Cyclone Center Talk

Subject: ACC0001rhl

Subject ACC0001rhl Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• shocko61 by shocko61

This is a good example of curvature and wind speed .If I could read it correctly . If sixty M/P/H is nearly once around . This is 120 Mph .

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

I will now go and look at the stats if they are still there .Ian shocko61

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

I have to rethink the top speed I looked at the stats 110 kts near 220 mile per hour . Help please .I am intrigued buy the way to read wind

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

speed in this way . I am a very inquisitive person .Ian shocko61

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Ian, there are general "rules of thumb" that you can use to estimate wind speed from the cloud picture. That is what this site is doing

Posted

We are working on an updated page. It will tell you your estimated wind speed based on the matching picture you chose.

Posted

Of course there are many details that are hidden to the users. By the way, kt and mph are nearly the same. m/s is about 0.5*kt.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi cch001, thank you for the information . There is that learning curve again 😉 The estimated wind speed would I think make it a lot

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

easier for choosing the storm type too and where the storm is picking up or slowing down . To me a very useful tool .Thank you Ian shocko61

Posted

• bretarn by bretarn translator

Thanks for these informations very useful to improve storms classifying and understanding

Posted