Cyclone Center Talk

Subject: ACC0002oba

Subject ACC0002oba Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Classified as an #eye-storm, mostly because of cold cloud tops in eyewall and structure. But where is the center? Center of cold clouds?

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi cch001, I would place the eye on the point of the middle blue just to the left of the orange spots .The broken orange cloud is suggesting

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

to me that it may be starting to shear a bit which makes it a bit harder to follow the circular curves .The yellow eye wall looks to me like

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

it would join up in the edge of the darker blue to the east . I do not think the eye could be in the colder cloud very far and when I look

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

at a storm it has a balance to the system that I see in most storms as well as this one . when I mark a storm if that balance is not there

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

I re-think the situation all over again .Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

very interesting ,Ian shocko61

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

good day to you cch001, I have just this minute finished this storm and had the same image , I clicked discuss and came straight here and I

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

did the same as I said below and it seemed to work ok .This was the third image of the storm . Weather it is correct is another thing ,I

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

had an eye in the fourth image that seemed to fit correctly with what I did in the third image although the forth image was a small eye and

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

and a bit off center with warmer cloud just below (south ) of the eye to an eye that is trained it could be different . As I have found

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

before ,I am very interested in what you have to say . Cheers cch001. Ian shocko61

Posted

I looked at the images before and after, where there were definitely eyes. I think when the center isn't clear, it is safe to go with the

Posted

center point of the blue eye wall ring. That puts the eye near the tip of the blue wedge in the middle, like you said.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Thank you cch001 , have a nice day. Ian shocko61

Posted