Cyclone Center Talk

Subject: ACC0004kun

Subject ACC0004kun Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• bretarn by bretarn translator

I'm not very confident with my classification as #shear!

Posted

When you look at storm page , you can see it's evolution from shear to eye. Following image of these 6 shaped as first tutorial image as eye

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Hi bretarn, a good task for us as civil scientist to find the solution for your question. I think,a clear classification is difficult here.

Posted

Personally I would always use the notes about shear-storm from the 'Help-Page' from the category 'Shear'.

Posted

A shear-storm should have:

a)Center of gray swirl is closer to the colored clouds
    b)The cold area has a tight swirl itself and is organized

Posted

So I create a wind-route pic for possible wind routes for this storm:

Posted

In the W we can see a white/gray #swirl, which an #anti-clockwise wind-route. The center of grey swirl is in the NW of the storm-center.

Posted

But one feature makes me think about our shear theory, because of aspect a) of the argumentation for shear-storms. Personally I can not see,

Posted

that the center of the swirl is closer to colored clouds or the distance between every coloured area is not very small, beginning from NW.

Posted

Maybe possible could be an #embedded-center, but what do you and other civil scientist think about this storm-image. Great pic, bretarn. = )

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi Struck ,Hi bretarn ,I would give it one more shot at Embedded when I first had this type of formation I would go with shear but after

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

a few times like that ,I found that the storm would redevelop into embedded and some times into an eye, so I like now to have shear storms

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

with at least a close margin to the edge of the pink-gray and gray swirl showing that there is a cold front taking the warmer air away .Ian

Posted

Thanks for your analysis , helps me a lot to have better understanding, roughly it was my way of thinking

Posted

but my english language need some improvement to tell it properly. these kind of images, sitting between shear and embedded

Posted

gives quite a challenge to be classified . Jean-Maurice

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

I would go #shear here. By the way, tropical cyclones do not have cold or warm fronts. They exist in nearly uniform air masses

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi cch001, Hi bretarn , Hi Struck, a good day to you all , My mistake cchoo1 , I thought that to shear the storm was deadened by a cold

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

front , as the weather bureau sometimes says the cyclone has lost intensity due to a clod front ?? Please set me right . ???

Posted

I read article in french edition of Scientific American, explaining how cyclones are fueld by warm sea waters,

Posted

and loose their strength passing over colder waters or simply when they land and consequently energy fueled by warm water is lost.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi bretarn , thank you very much ,it is cold and warm water not air . Ian shocko61

Posted

Shear is just winds going different directions or speeds at different heights. A TC can develop a cold front, but when it does it is no

Posted

longer a TC by definition - it is post- or extra-tropical

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi cch001 , Thank you for the information I will remember that .Ah I see the light . Ian shocko61 :=)

Posted