Cyclone Center Talk

Publishing results from Cyclone Center

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Hi everyone, I am pleased to announce that we are working on a scientific paper that will discuss many of the classifications that you have been providing so far. Keep tuned here for updates. Hopefully we will be able to get it published sometime next year. Happy classifying! -Chris

Posted

• bretarn by bretarn translator

Let us know about your results and publications, one more incentive to get through datas.
    Friendly regards from France
    😃

Posted

We will Bretarn. Our paper will be submitted to the most popular American meteorological journal. I will keep everyone updated in this forum.

Posted

• peterthorne by peterthorne moderator

Just to update the manuscript was submitted last week. Keep everything crossed folks as it enters the reviewer lottery.

I'll be giving a talk Thursday am at AMS if any of you are attending the meeting in Atlanta by the way.

Posted

Reviews are back and they are overwhelmingly positive! In fact, very little changes need to be made to get ready for publication. The revisions have been done and we are waiting on the final word - should take a few weeks at most.

Posted

• kan29 by kan29

So was the paper published? I am interested in reading the results. I am a grad student taking a class about citizen science. I have an undergrad in atmospheric sciences and would love to know how this project is working out! Thanks

Posted

• peterthorne by peterthorne moderator

Hi kan29,

yep it is in the online queue at BAMS. See http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/BAMS-D-13-00152.1.

Posted

• kan29 by kan29 in response to peterthorne's comment.

Thanks peterthorne! I am interested to see how this project evolves!

Posted