Cyclone Center Talk

Images issue

• bretarn by bretarn translator

When beginning a new session, it's almost impossible to star with proposed storms; image downloading out of order when clicking on continue, random storms encounters less problem but not trouble free

Posted

• carl_schreck by carl_schreck scientist

Hi Bretarn,

Sorry, I just saw this post. Are you still having these issues? I'll check with the development team...

Carl

Posted

Hi, Carl. Yes , issue remains unchanged, when you click on one of the four storms displayed, it open a grey box displaying: "continue", when you click on it, nothing happens.
    Best regards
    Jean-Maurice

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Good evening bretarn, good evening carl_schreck,

today I made a try , too, to find a possible solution.

I recognized, that this problem arises at the moment, when one of the four displayed stormes on the main-page from CycloneCenter.org has reached the 99 or 100 percent limit (e.g. 'Yvette' and 'Arlene').
    I think, this problem should not be a bug.

Maybe this can solve with a dialogue for the user, that the analysis of the storm is over or has reached the 100 %. = )

Posted

Hi Struck and carl shreck: this afternoon issues include too random storm choice with the same result, : a full grey box diplay "continue " button which clicked does'nt works. Sreen stays with this grey box and I'm unablle to get through and classify anymore.

Posted

I could not get through after 1/2 hour of tries ; It's urgent now, there is a real bug in this software! Please, send me and answer in my box to let me know what's going on.

Posted

• carl_schreck by carl_schreck scientist

Struck & Bretarn, the developers are looking into this problem, and we'll keep you posted. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We really appreciate how much time and effort you've devoted to our project!

Posted

Last try at 05:00pm (french time); random choice working one yes, one not...
    You know; I'm from Brittany, it means obstinate.
    😃

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

I just pushed up a change to disable selection of storms that are complete.

However, I think the issue is that there are no more images of a particular storm for a particular user, which can happen before the storm itself is complete, and is a little harder to detect and handle.

I'll keep plugging away at this. For now, the random storm button should work.

Posted

Everything working properly this morning; thanks for your help.

Posted

as presviously, I"m unable to get anymore storm to classify, either with "random" or within listed storms; issue stared this morning

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator in response to bretarn's comment.

Hi bretarn,

thank you for your comment.

Do you have the same problem like the description at the beginning of this topic, for example a non-functional 'Next-Button / Continue-Button' or a grey storm-display?

Have you tried an other browser (e.g. Firefox) and a update of your flash- and java-version?

Maybe this could help you on a fast way.

Update: Today I had the same issue, so I deleted all my cache and internet-temporary files and my cookies in my browser (Firefox).
    Then I did a relogin into CycloneCenter and the problem was solved. =)

Posted

I've still the same problem this evening , I'll try your solution

Posted

Eureka, everythings back in order. Thanks
    😄

Posted

Even with Firefox , issue remains unchanged, stars normally, but if you write down a comment and use the return to classifying button no more images are available.Cyclone center is the only project concerned since your recent update version;

Posted

• kyuuketsukikurai by kyuuketsukikurai

I can't seem to use this.
    Most of the time it tries to make me do the tutorial again, but I can't click the next button at the end. The grey area blinks darker, but nothing happens.
    Sometimes, it just loads a grey box and nothing else.

Posted

• Michael_Mugrage by Michael_Mugrage in response to brian-c's comment.

Hi Brian, I have had similar issues yesterday and today as bretam had been having. The only difference is not even the random button is working for me. I click on any of them and it just stays on the same screen, unable to go to any images.

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Hello kyuuketsukikurai ,
    hello Michael Mugrage,

welcome to CycloneCenter. = )

Special thanks to you for your response about this problem.

Today I have reported your problems to the Zooniverse Development team, so that we can find the problem on a faster way. ; )

Posted

• Michael_Mugrage by Michael_Mugrage in response to Struck's comment.

Thank you Struck! Hoping it gets fixed soon 😃

Posted

I think problem is fixed for good
    😃

Posted

• Michael_Mugrage by Michael_Mugrage

Thanks Bretam! It is fixed.

Posted