Cyclone Center Talk

Strongest Left/Right

• SDReigstad by SDReigstad

I'm not new to Zooniverse but new to the Cyclone Center.
    I'm trying to help but every time I choose a storm, Left or Right it shows the Right Storm
    in the next screen. Left highlights like it should when chosen but then it shows the right
    storm in the next screen.
    ? Is the computer choosing the strongest storm for me and my choice is incorrect?
    or how do I stop it from defaulting to the right storm every time it goes to step two?
    I'm guessing it's operator error (me) so would someone be so kind and tell me how
    I'm messing up a simple process? Thank You

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Skyhawk88, you are fine. You will always classify the storm on the right, regardless of your choice. The storm image you see on the left is the way the storm looked 24 hours before the one on the right. The one on the right is the one you will always classify. Don't worry, your choice (stronger or not) is recorded.

Thanks so much for giving Cyclone Center a try. We hope you will continue to classify!

-Chris

Posted

• peterthorne by peterthorne moderator in response to cch001's comment.

cch001 given how often this causes confusion might it be possible for the tech team to add some text below the images on this step saying

"This step ascertains whether storm is strengthening compared to a day prior. Regardless of answer you will go on to classify the right hand image further"

Posted

• Knappster by Knappster scientist

@cch001 and @peterthorne

How about some caption above the text like "24 hours prior" and "Image for analysis" along with the text Peter suggests?

Posted

• SDReigstad by SDReigstad in response to cch001's comment.

You all are doing great work.
    I am glad to be able to be even a very small part of the projects.
    Thank you all for your comments and responses to my question.
    Best of luck in reaching your mid-month goal.
    Thanks Again
    Steve

Posted

• peterthorne by peterthorne moderator in response to Skyhawk88's comment.

Thanks are due to you Steve, and the many other volunteers, for all your efforts that make the analysis possible. Keep classifying. Every classification counts!

Posted

• AC5230 by AC5230

Oh, I was confused about this. Thank you for clearing this up!

Posted