Cyclone Center Talk

It's not working.

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

I can't get the images in the classify box to come up. The left one justshows a blank box with the icon in the upper left corner that shows it needs to be reloaded or something. The right one is just a dark grey box that never shows anything.

Posted

• sestevens by sestevens scientist

The development team has been reloading some things over the past day or so, so every once in a while, it has been showing a broken image link for the subject (the one on the left that you're supposed to be classifying). It should be better now.

As for the one on the right, that image will appear when you've selected a storm type and intensity from the choices below. A larger version of the thumbnail will appear in the right-hand box so that you can see it more closely and make sure that that's the one you want.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you keep seeing any problems, and we'll forward it to the developers!

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

It's not bettetr now. Ever since I started trying to help with this project since it started in its beta form, the classify screen has been nonfunctional for me. It still shows nothing that allows me to classify anything, but, for some reason, my profile page says I've somehow done 110 images and I haven't done a single one.

Posted

Well, then, we're going to have to have someone look into that. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention. I'll forward this to one of the development team, and they might contact you with some questions about your browser, etc.

Thank you again!

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to Jwb52z's comment.

Jwb52z
    I can't get the images in the classify box to come up. The left one justshows a blank box with the icon in the upper left corner that shows it needs to be reloaded or something. The right one is just a dark grey box that never shows anything.

Hi there, has this changed at all overnight? We had a small issue with some missing images.

What web browser are you using?

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

As of right now, being very early in the morning where I live, the problem is still here. I woke up and thought I'd see if anything was different. l use IE 9. The images have never shown up for me from the moment I got the invitation link into the beta phase of this project.

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

Would mind hitting the "send details" link on this page?
    http://supportdetails.com/?sender_name=No cyclone image&sender=brian@zooniverse.org&recipient=brian@zooniverse.org
    It'll just get me some info about your browser, which I'll try to duplicate on my machine so we can get to the bottom of this before launch.

Thanks!

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

It's done. 😃

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

Thanks, got it.

Can you think of anything else we should know about your system? Are you behind a corporate firewall, or using any ad blockers or unusual browser plugins?

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

I don't know of any unusual plugins that are on my system. The only other thing I can think of that could interfere with anything online, and I'm not a computer programmer or IT professional BTW, is maybe Norton Internet Security doesn't like it, but this is the only Zooniverse related project I'm still having a problem with now. I was having a similar problem with "Sea Floor Explore" until a few days ago, but I wasn't the only one over there with it and I can only guess something was changed there to allow me to do it.

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

Am I the only person who still can't do anything with this project simply because the images won't resolve on screen?

Posted

• arfon by arfon in response to Jwb52z's comment.

Jwb52z
    Am I the only person who still can't do anything with this project simply because the images won't resolve on screen?

Hi there, we're unable to replicate the on IE9/Windows 7 - can you tell me which version of Windows you're running?

In the short term I'd suggest using Firefox or Chrome.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• Jwb52z by Jwb52z

It says it's "Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1".

Posted

• Geork by Geork

Joined project for first time. Get no images on classify screen.
    I have Vista Home Premium, service pak2. Using Explorere 9 browser

Posted

• arfon by arfon

Hi there, it seems like we have a general issue with IE9 currently. We're working hard on a fix but in the interim please try using Google Chrome or Firefox.

Cheers
    Arfon

Posted

• gbrittongeology by gbrittongeology

I too cannot access the images. Using Windows 7 and IE 9

Posted

On another thread, I've heard that switching to Chrome has met with success.

Posted