Cyclone Center Talk

New bug - "default" storm clasifications?

• Jeshyr by Jeshyr

This just started happening today, and is happening with or without "Detailed" being turned on.

On the screen where there is "Pick the cyclone type, then choose the closest match," (for every image except the first image per storm) in the right hand pane it's showing me the match that I had picked for the previous storm image before I click on anything. When this happens, the "continue"/"next image" button is still inactive, so even if the storm is of the same type and intensity I still have to re-select that through the interface before I can continue.

I'm finding it confusing because previously whenever there was an image showing on that right pane it meant I was ready to continue... and I can't see any purpose to it - if it was meant to make things quicker by defaulting to the same classification as the previous then you need to activate the "continue"/"next image" button too...

Posted

• sestevens by sestevens scientist

Thanks for pointing this out, a couple of us are seeing it as well. We're inquiring as to what might be causing it.

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

This should be fixed now. Thanks for the alert!

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

Jeshyr, make sure you log out and then log back in for the fix to take effect

Posted

• Jeshyr by Jeshyr

It's working fine now - thanks for the quick fix!!

Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes on the 'compare storms' page I briefly see the previous image (usually in the right pane) before the new one loads. There's no indication it's not the right picture... It's been happening for a week or so I think?? Possibly I just wasn't paying attention before that.

Posted