Cyclone Center Talk

Favorites

• Casna51 by Casna51

How do I add a storm to my favorites without also adding it to collections?

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

I wish you a good thursday casna51. If you like a special image from an image set (6 pictures) of a storm, you can save your favorite image by clicking on the "Heart-Button" at the end of your classification of a set.

After the click on the "Heart-Button", you can see all your favorite images on your "Profile-Page" in Cyclone Center after your Log-In.

Posted

• Casna51 by Casna51

Thanks. I had my first #eye hurricane today, beautiful Celia 1992. The heart adds faves to discussion too, and I wasn't sure that was always appropriate.

Posted

Don't worry casna51, if you get to the 'discussion page' by clicking on a favorite image. The topic of a discussion is not created until if you keep the textbox blank.

By the way, we are looking forward and we are happy about any discussions topic here. ; )
    With this process, we can simplify the classification and we can analyse storms from the past to the future together on a better way.

Posted

• Casna51 by Casna51

I've added a storm to my favorites using the heart. But when I click on Favorites in my Profile box nothing happens. ( I can't access the photo. ) I'm using an IPad for clarity, enlarging and ease of manipulation. The photo showed up in the profile right after I 'hearted' it so I know it's there.

Posted

I wish you a good saturday casna51,

at the moment, you can 'zoom into' your favorite image, if you do a right click on the image. In the pop-up menu, choose the option 'Show graphic' or like something else to get the whole picture.

By using an 'IPad' maybe you can see the whole image, if you touch the image for a few seconds to get a menu to zoom into the image.

Posted

• brian-c by brian-c admin

It appears the "discuss this image" link in the favorites list has some trouble on the iPad.

Until we can fix it, try holding the link, then select "Open in new tab" from the menu.

Posted