Cyclone Center Talk

Subject: ACC0001aup

Subject ACC0001aup Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• shocko61 by shocko61

ACC0001aup A cold cats eye storm .

Posted

• Casna51 by Casna51

I can see a cat's eye, but I was wondering how this eye is defined verbally.

Posted

• cch001 by cch001 scientist

This is probably an #obscured-eye storm. The blue clouds in the middle of the white are probably thin clouds covering a well-developed eye

Posted

• bretarn by bretarn translator

Cat's eye is a pretty and poetical class, so fast changing as they focus on a prey or widen with anger!

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi casna51, interesting if there is an eye into the warmer cloud layers it is covered by a blue layer in which case I am not sure what to

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

call the eye and not sure if it is correct to classify it as an eye or as embedded . Ian shocko61

Posted

This is a good example on why we are doing this project. Is it an eye or not? An expert can't even know for sure.

Posted

In my opinion, the mature storm structure and the very cold surrounding cloud suggest this is an eye storm. But it will be interesting to

Posted

see everyone's opinion.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi cch001, In the past i have had other storms that had a blue "eye" and treated them as eyes but I am still not sure if the colder blue

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

cloud is classed as eye because the tutorial is usually into the warmer low cloud ?? it seems to me, that the fact that the storm has enough

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

circulation to form an eye that it must have a lot of circulation in the lower areas ,enough to class it(them)as eyes .the thing that

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

worries me is over classifying a storm and getting the rest of the storm wrong and is why I will go to a lower cloud level (temperature)

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

when classifying eye storms IE tutorial ,cloud surrounding the center of the eye.

Posted

Yes, usually the eye will have much warmer cloud (yellow, orange at minimum). But sometimes there will be a thin cold cloud layer over the

Posted

middle that the satellite can't "see" through. It is probably clear underneath the "blue" cloud to the ocean. Very interesting.

Posted

I've classified it as an eye, thinking the eye is just under cold layer (before reading previous comments) really interesting

Posted

a real weird image when you think about.

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

Hi bretarn, the dominant feature of an #eye-storm is, that the storm-center is warmer than the temperature of the surrounding #eye-wall. =)

Posted

• Struck by Struck moderator, translator

I think, you did the right choice. 😉

Posted